As of Monday 1 October – Bill Spend Caps (BSC) legislation comes into place for Business customers.
What is a Spend Cap?
Business customers will be able to choose to apply a Spend Cap on individual mobile numbers’ monthly tariff to control spend on out-of-bundle charges.
Any chargeable usage outside of end user monthly allowance or outside of any Bolt On allowance will count towards the Spend Cap.
You will receive an email when the system detects when a number has used 50% of the Spend Cap, and again if you use 100%. If the Spend Cap is set at £0 or once it reaches 100%, any further chargeable out-of-bundle usage may not be possible. This means that once the monthly allowance and any Bolt On allowance has been used, any additional chargeable usage may be barred.
Who does it effect?
It applies to new business customers, re-signing customers, and those taking additional connections, at the point of sale.
Who can not apply for them?
Customers on a bespoke tariff aren’t able to set up a Spend Cap, and they are not available on PAYU tariffs or tariffs with shared minutes or shared data.
What if I don’t put a Spend Cap on my lines?
If you don’t put a Spend Cap on your line then you’ll be billed for any out of bundle usage in the same way as you are now. If a £0 Spend Cap is set, you won’t be able to make any chargeable uses on your phone which is not included in either outside of your monthly allowance and any bolt on allowance you have opted in to.
Can I choose any value of Spend Cap?
Yes, you can choose to have no Spend Cap or a Spend Cap valued at £0, £5, £10, £15, £20, £30, £50, £75 £100 or £200.
What counts towards the Spend Cap?
Any chargeable usage outside of the monthly allowance or outside of any Bolt On allowance such as:
• Additional calls, texts and data usage.
• Calling and texting non-geographical or premium rate numbers aside from those premium rate numbers relating to charities which sit outside your Spend Cap, as set out below.
• Calling and texting any international number from the UK.
• Calling and texting any number outside of O2’s Europe Zone when you’re in O2’s Europe Zone (excluding the UK).
• Calling, texting and using data when you’re in a country which is outside of O2’s Europe Zone.
• Calling directory enquiry services.
• The charge you pay to O2 for accessing any third party services.
• Any charity donations made from your phone.
What doesn’t count towards the Spend Cap?
• Recurring charges for the Airtime Plan or Device Plan.
• The price for purchasing a Bolt On which you opt-in to e.g. Rest Of World Pass.
• Any charges relating to the management of your account which includes, but is not limited to, paper bills, itemised paper bills and late payment fees.
• Any charges for third party services (O2 access fees for these services are however covered in your Spend Cap as set out above).
What happens if I reach my Spend Cap?
Any further chargeable out-of-bundle usage may not be possible. If you use up your monthly allowance and any Bolt On allowance you may have, additional calls, texts and data usage may be barred. You will always be able to make calls to O2 customer service and calls to emergency services from your O2 mobile.
What does it mean if I choose a £0 Spend Cap?
• If you use up your monthly allowance and any Bolt On allowance, any additional chargeable usage may be barred. The bill payer and the end user will receive a notification at the beginning of each billing cycle letting them know that the Bill Spend Cap is £0.
How often can I change my Spend Cap?
• Only an authorised contact can amend, remove or add a Spend Cap.
• Once a day, you can add, remove, increase, or reduce, your Spend Cap at any point by calling us on 0161 355 1717 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org This can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
• For each monthly billing period, the Spend Cap will be applied which is active for the entirety of that billing period.
What can I do if I receive a text saying I am barred because I have reached my Spend Cap limit?
• Increase your Spend Cap
• Choose to remove your Spend Cap
• Buy a one-off or recurring Bolt On if you need extra data
• You can choose to opt-in and buy a Rest Of World 24 hour or 30 day Pass Bolt On which can be used for roaming in destinations outside our Europe Zone.
All of the above can be requested by calling us on 0161 355 1717 or emailing email@example.com
I am travelling outside of O2’s Europe Zone, have a Spend Cap and haven’t opted into Rest Of World Pass. Can I still make calls, send texts and use data?
You will be able to make and receive calls and texts and use data. Charges will all count towards the Spend Cap.
Please note, these out-of-bundle charges may mean that your Spend Cap will be used up more quickly than it would if you were at home or travelling in O2’s Europe Zone.
You can opt in to buy Rest Of World Bolt On if you are heading to a destination outside the Europe Zone
I am travelling outside of O2’s Europe Zone and I don’t have a Spend Cap, am I protected?
If you are travelling outside of O2’s Europe Zone and haven’t selected a Spend Cap, you will automatically benefit from Rest Of World Pass and will get up to 500MB, 200 mins, 200 text, 24 hours from when you use, for £7.50. You will be Capped at one Pass per 24 hours. You can change your Capping option to:
• Two Passes per 24 hours
• UnCapped Passes
If you are unsure about any area of Bill Spend Caps then please either contact your Account Manager or call 0161 355 1717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be able to help you