This page quickly explains how you can sync your Outlook contacts/calendar with your Samsung device using Smart Switch and Samsung Kies.
Before you start the sync, you need to download the software needed to sync Outlook with your Samsung phone. This is:
Samsung Kies – If your phone is a Smart Phone/Tablet before Galaxy Note III (including Galaxy S4, Note II, etc)
Smart Switch – If your phone is newer than a Galaxy Note III (Android OS 4.3 or higher)
You can easily sync contacts, calendar and tasks between your Microsoft Outlook and your Android device. This page will explain how!
If you’re using Kies (older devices)
If you have an older Samsung device, follow the steps below:
- Connect your Samsung device to your computer
- Open Kies
- Click the ‘Sync’ tab
Next, mark the checkbox next to ‘Sync contacts with’ and then click the drop-down box to select the application, Outlook.
Select All contacts to sync all of the contacts in Outlook with your device.
Select the Syncing Direction by clicking the drop-down box.
Choose to sync in both directions.
You can choose the Outlook contacts folder where you want to save contacts stored on your device here (if you already have contacts in your list which you don’t want to get mixed up, create a new contacts folder in Outlook and sync to this.)
Mark the checkbox next to Sync the Outlook category with the contact group of the device.
After you have set the sync, you can sync by clicking ‘sync’ in the top right corner of the sync tab. Additionally, you can set your device to sync automatically each time it is connected to Samsung Kies.
Your contacts will now show in Outlook and on your Samsung device.
Smart Switch your Outlook contacts and calendars (newer Samsung devices)
Before you start you’ll need to download Smart Switch onto your Mac or Windows PC.
After you install Smart Switch onto your computer, you can use Smart Switch to seamlessly transfer your media files between your smartphone and computer.
- First of all, make sure your smartphone or tablet is connected to your computer and open up Smart Switch.
- Click ‘Sync Preferences for Outlook’. This specifies which Outlook data you want to sync.
- Click the Contacts and Calendar check boxes. If you want to sync all of your contacts or calendar, click ‘All’. However, should you want only a select portion of your contacts or calendars on your phone, click ‘Selected’.
- If you’ve chosen to select which calendars or contacts you’d like to sync, select the appropriate folders. When you’re done, press ‘Ok’.
- Click ‘Sync Now’ to start syncing!
- Click ‘Confirm’.
- At this stage, it’s best to check your Contacts and Calendar apps on your smartphone or tablet to ensure they’ve synchronised.
Own a business? We can help you find the best business mobile contract for you. Interested? Get in touch.