Historically, most organisational phone numbers were preceded by a local area code. However, while this system is still very much alive, ‘virtual’ numbers, both geographic and non-geographic, are becoming increasingly sought-after by growing businesses.
Virtual phone numbers offer both flexibility and scalability, combined with disaster recovery built-in. Also, with the option of a range of advanced line features, the system is ideal for flexible working arrangements. Letting your employees instantly route calls to any landline or mobile, or even take their number with them on the move.
Our virtual number services
Businesses choose to use virtual telephone numbers for a variety of reasons. With our virtual number services we can help you to:
- Improve your disaster recovery plan. Because virtual numbers are controlled and re-directed via a simple online interface, if, for whatever reason, your main number is affected by a fault, you can simply divert to a designated fail-over number meaning you will never miss a call
- Make your location irrelevant. While some businesses benefit from an established local presence, most nationwide companies don’t want to appear parochial or tied to one place. With a local dialling code potentially putting off non-local customers, a virtual number renders your location irrelevant. With no need to be identified with a particular town or city
- Boost sales calls. Depending on the package you choose, you can offer callers the chance to get in touch with you at the local rate. Or even free of charge. This can help with the number of enquiries you receive on a day-to-day basis, especially when you run a B2C business
- Improve customer care. Most customers appreciate it when you offer a free helpline in the pre or post-sales process. As such, a virtual number can have a positive impact on customer relations and, ultimately, your bottom line
- Establish an international presence. In today’s global market, international freephone numbers can help to maximise sales across all your territories. Free for the customer (with the business covering any additional costs), this investment in customer care can help to boost international sales
Whatever your objective, we ensure that your phone system and your numbers work for you.